The Draper Historic Theatre has strong cultural and historical significances to the community. In 1938, Annie Pearl and John A. Howell family built a movie house named “The Pearl.” Vaudeville performances would start off the evening followed by a movie or two. Many locals felt fortunate to have a first run theatre right in their small town.
For many generations this building, now on the Draper Historic Register, served as a gathering place for the south end of the valley. In 1988, the theater was purchased by Charles and Vanessa Nelson, who added theatrical lighting, sound and expanded the stage, enabling the presentation of live shows. With humble beginnings, DHT grew into what could be called “the best kept secret in the valley.” Ten years later, DHT became a non-profit organization and in 2004 the Board of Directors purchased the building from the Nelsons through a major fund raising effort. Having the organization purchase the building allows for the theater to truly belong to the Draper community.
For Directions from your location (including travel times) Click Red Marker
Click, Drag & Drop the little Gold Person Icon for Panoramic View. It’s Fun!
Draper Historic Theater
12366 South 900 East, Draper, UT 84020 (801) 572-4144