A listing of things to do in Utah during the month of June. Little Cottonwood Creek at Murray Park, Murray, Utah (featured above). Rivers and streams peaking the end of May and the first part of June make for a very enjoyable and refreshing time to explore our many parks that are often created around these life providing water sources.
The Park Silly Sunday Market’s free “CommUnity Elements” are what make this weekly street festival the unique and exciting event it is. Each week, for 15 weeks, these programs are heavily promoted in our media outreach. Your sponsorship dollars help to ensure continued free space to these organizations and individuals. We are proud to provide a venue that allows a source of expression for veteran professionals as well as new and emerging talent.
1. Sustainability “Green” Issues: Our opening 2007 season featured the first “Zero Waste” Program in Utah. PSSM host local and national sustainability speakers/groups and provides them with an opportunity to participate in a lecture series to educate and inspire our community Support local agriculture, Utah’s Own and Slow Food Utah to educate about how buying locally is a key element in becoming a sustainable community
2. Nonprofit Groups
• 2007 season hosted over 50 different nonprofit groups
• Hosts nonprofit groups and provides them an opportunity to participate in a lecture series to enroll the community in their mission
3. Featured Artists and Resident Artists
• Providing free space to artists who perform an interactive art expereince
• Developing a program to bring artists from around the country and the world to reside in Park City for a period of time to create art and share their work with our community
4. Featured Chef
• Provide a free presentation and samples of a recipe
• Tour of the “Farmers Market” to educate about the impact our purchase power has on our economy, the environment and our health
• Creation of the first Park Silly Recipe Collection featuring the recipes of our Featured Chefs
5. Free Kids Activities
6. Free Music and Entertainment
Park Silly Sunday Market
Park City Historic Main Street
Park City, Utah 84068 (435) 655-0994
A world of families, food & fun! Welcome to WESTFEST. The annual celebration that commemorates the establishment of West Valley City and recognizes its citizen’s various cultural backgrounds.
Carnival Rides and Games for all, Family 5K Fun Run, Westfest Parade, Talent Showcase Competition, Live Entertainment, Artisans, Crafters and Hobbyists,International Cuisine, 6th Annual Dutch Oven Cook-Off, K-9 Demonstration, Fireworks and more!
Annually–Third Week in June
Centennial Park 5415 West 3100 South
West Valley City, Utah 84120
On the last Friday of each month, from 6:00 – 9:00 pm, members of the Park City Gallery Association offer a unique monthly showcase highlighting artists, special exhibits, and art events.
The last Friday Gallery Stroll is a free community event that gives locals and Park City visitors alike the opportunity to enjoy light refreshments while exploring Park City’s exciting art scene.
Please visit any of our participating galleries to pick up a free gallery guide.
Contact: Maren Bargreen (435) 649-3001
Admission: Free and open to the public
Friday (Last Friday of each month) from 6 to 9 pm
Park City Gallery Association
Historic Main Street, Park City, Utah 84060
On the third Friday of each month galleries across Salt Lake will be open for the Gallery Stroll. A chance for the public to meet artists and browse the exciting and thriving visual arts market in Salt Lake City.
The event, as always, is FREE.