Ogden City hosts the second annual Winterfest downtown Historic 25th Street & Washington Blvd, January 28 and 29, 2011
The city will close major downtown streets, cover them with snow and create the ultimate winter playground. The Winterfest organizing committee invites all to come and enjoy a variety of free activities. Last year’s celebration attracted more than 5,000 people.
The celebration where “Cold is Cool” boasts traditional and unconventional snow activities for all ages. Most events are free.
Events will begin on Friday afternoon with a ceremonial street closing on Washington Boulevard followed by a toboggan parade. Activities and contests will be held all day on Saturday.
This year’s “where cold is cool” events will include:
- Toboggan Parade
- Human Dog Sled Races
- Polar Bear Swim
- Snowmobile Street Races
- Snowboarding Rail-Jam
- 5K Run/Walk
- Doggie Costume Contest
- Flag Football Contests
- Cross Country Skiing Races
- Snowshoe Races
- Live Music
And many more . . .
Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about the little ones. We’ve put together some free projects and events with the younger kids in mind:
- The hill just east of Washington Boulevard on 25th Street will be available for tubing and sledding on Saturday morning and afternoon.
- Snowshoeing around Municipal Park will be available all day Saturday.
- Piles of snow will be hauled in to the Municipal Park for the children to decorate and make snowmen on both Friday night and Saturday morning and afternoon.
- The kid’s corner on Saturday will have a small construction project for each child that wishes to participate.
Registration forms can be found on the right hand side of this webpage, or through Sportsman. We highly recommend pre-registering for all the events; space is limited and the events are bound to fill up fast.
For more information about this event or to become a proud WinterFest 2011 sponsor, please call Ogden City Public Services at (801) 629-8337. Mark the date on your calendar, tweet, blog, facebook – whatever it takes to make sure that you don’t miss out on the fun!