Rodeo, entertainment, parade, Pioneer corner, 12K fun run, and the Peach cook-off. The Hurricane Canal trek, fiddling contest, quilt show, and a wide variety of booths displaying commercial and homemade goods. The traditional displays, always a staple of the event, will be featured in the Hurricane Elementary building.
Last Week of August
- Peach Days
Hurricane City, Utah 84737
In conjunction with the Annual Ogden Music Festival. Nine contests, with five “Open” divisions and four “Novice” divisions, featuring Flatpick Guitar, Fingerstyle Guitar, Bluegrass Fiddle, Banjo and Mandolin.
Annual Utah State Instrument Championships
Friday, Saturday and Sunday 1st Week in June
Fort Buenaventura Park
2450 A Ave , Ogden, UT 84401-2203
Enjoy free, informal, hour-long concerts at beautiful Brigham Young Historic Park on Tuesday and Friday evenings throughout June, July, and August. All ages are welcome. Limited seating is provided; blankets and lawn chairs are allowed.
The Brigham Young Historic Park is on the southeast corner of State Street and 2nd Avenue (North Temple), one block east of Temple Square.
If the weather is bad, concerts will be held in the Assembly Hall on Temple Square. For more information, call 1-801-240-3323.
Brigham Young Historic Park
50 West North Temple Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84150 (801) 240-3323
Intermountain Acoustic Music Association
2010-2011 Local Concert Series Season Schedule
Local Concerts are held the first Friday of the month and run from October to May.
Concerts begin at 7:30pm, unless otherwise noted.
Suggested donation is $5, unless otherwise noted.
Some refreshments are provided at a small cost and/or you may bring a picnic of your own.
- Sept. 6 (Labor Day) – 15th annual Murray Park Acoustic Music Festival: Buyin’ Time (Progressive Bluegrass); Blue Sage (Traditional Cowboy/Western); Ed Lyman (folk)
- Oct. 1 – Andrew Goldring (folk rock); Kristin Erickson (new folk)
- Nov. 5 – Singer-Songwriter in the Round – Alicia McGovern, Jen Hajj/Utah Slim; Paul Boruff; Shaney McCoy; Karsyn Robb; Lowell Blue
- Dec. 3 – Lab Dogs (Original Straight Up Bluegrass); Michael Lucarelli (Fingerstyle Guitar)
- Jan. 7 – Silver Rails (Bluegrass/Celtic); Cosy Sheridan/TR Ritchie (Singer-Songwriter)
- Feb. 4 – Sons of Other Mothers (original folk); Honey (funk/blues/acoustic)
- Mar. 4 – Sassafras (folk); Charlie Simmons (Ballads)
- Apr. 1 – Backwoods (Cowgrass); Otter Creek (folk)
- May 6 – Bluegrass month! Red Desert Ramblers (Bluegrass/Classic-Country/Swing); Wild Coyotes from Pocatello/Idaho Falls (Old Time)
(NOTE: The cost of the May 6 concert will be $10)
A charming, amazingly talented family. A high powered energetic and refreshing experience – The Hunt Family!
The Hunt Family performs Celtic, bluegrass, inspirational and original music, offering a unique blend of diversity to each show – fiddling, step dancing and an amazing family of nine fine musicians.
Egyptian Theater Company
333 Main Street Park City, UT 84060 (435) 214-4834
The Hunt Family Official Website “Have a Listen”