The Park Silly Sunday Market’s free “CommUnity Elements” are what make this weekly street festival the unique and exciting event it is. Each week, for 15 weeks, these programs are heavily promoted in our media outreach. Your sponsorship dollars help to ensure continued free space to these organizations and individuals. We are proud to provide a venue that allows a source of expression for veteran professionals as well as new and emerging talent.
1. Sustainability “Green” Issues: Our opening 2007 season featured the first “Zero Waste” Program in Utah. PSSM host local and national sustainability speakers/groups and provides them with an opportunity to participate in a lecture series to educate and inspire our community Support local agriculture, Utah’s Own and Slow Food Utah to educate about how buying locally is a key element in becoming a sustainable community
2. Nonprofit Groups
• 2007 season hosted over 50 different nonprofit groups
• Hosts nonprofit groups and provides them an opportunity to participate in a lecture series to enroll the community in their mission
3. Featured Artists and Resident Artists
• Providing free space to artists who perform an interactive art expereince
• Developing a program to bring artists from around the country and the world to reside in Park City for a period of time to create art and share their work with our community
4. Featured Chef
• Provide a free presentation and samples of a recipe
• Tour of the “Farmers Market” to educate about the impact our purchase power has on our economy, the environment and our health
• Creation of the first Park Silly Recipe Collection featuring the recipes of our Featured Chefs
5. Free Kids Activities
6. Free Music and Entertainment
Park Silly Sunday Market
Park City Historic Main Street
Park City, Utah 84068 (435) 655-0994
Snowbirds Mountain Resort BrewFest held annually on the second weekend in June.
Over a dozen Utah breweries will be sampling 2-3 different beers with 2 food stations provided by Snowbird.
There will be live music from 12-7 p.m as well as crafters and vendors peddling their wares.
BREWERIES: Bohemian, Desert Edge, Red Rocks Brewing, Uinta, Hoppers, Ruby River, Moab, Wasatch, Squatters, Roosters, Four +, Park City, Shades of Pale and Epic Brewing.
Second Week in June Annually
Highway 210, Little Cottonwood Canyon
Snowbird, UT 84092 (801) 933-2147
The Downtown Farmers Market is a local growers’ market, featuring fresh produce from over 80 Utah farmers.
In addition to the produce, the Market also offers a variety of fresh baked bread and pastries, cheeses, meat and seafood, jams and honey, house and garden plants, arranged planters, and numerous handmade arts and crafts.
Unique food vendors also are a part of the Market, offering prepared foods and beverages.
The Downtown Art and Craft Market are held on the south end of the park during the Farmers Market. More than 90 local artisans display their wares, crafted in Utah by Utahns.
Live music and entertainment are also included.
JUNE – OCTOBER ANNUALLY
TUESDAYS & SATURDAYS
Downtown Farmers Market
Historic Pioneer Park 350 S 300 W
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Live music and great food in a beautiful mountain setting at Snowbird Ski Resort’s Atrium Restaurant. Weekly menu includes a variety of brunch favorites, a carving station, omelet station and a magnificent array of house made desserts.
Join us for continental breakfast items and a full lunch buffet every day throughout the regular winter ski season or a complete breakfast buffet and an elaborate Sunday Brunch throughout the summer.
Patio dining in a beautiful mountain setting is the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon during the summer. The menu consists of the very finest in buffet dining with a variety of salads, soups, specialty platters, hot entrees and accompaniments, as well as a delectable assortment of desserts hand made in the Snowbird Bakery.
Reservations are recommended for Summer Sunday Brunches but not required for the Skier’s Buffet in the Winter.
Snowbird Ski Resort Atrium Restaurant
Snowbird Resort Highway 210
Little Cottonwood Canyon
Snowbird, UT 84092 (801) 933-2147
First held in 1966 at the request of Srila Prabhupada (founder of the Hare Krishna Movement), the Sunday Love Feast has evolved as an integrated celebration of Lord Krishna’s pastimes: chanting, hearing spiritual knowledge, dancing, eating, fellowship and generally sharing the bliss of God’s presence.
A Sunday Love Feast is now held in nearly 400 temples worldwide. Anyone can come regardless of beliefs as we welcome all into an experience of Love.
In the Bhagavad-gita – one of the world’s oldest spiritual texts – it is said : “This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of spirituality. It is ever increasingly blissful, and joyfully performed.”
As we gather, we are led in universal prayers to the temple deities, then hear a talk with power point on spiritual philosophy by Caru Das, Temple President, or a guest lecturer. What follows is an ecstatic call-and-response chant to Krishna and Rama, which may spontaneously include blissful dancing to the chant. After closing prayers, we continue downstairs for a delicious Indian-style feast and conversation.
Come join us every Sunday for the Love Feast. No one leaves hungry for a taste of the Divine! Dress is casual but nice. $3 donation is suggested.
8628 S State Rd Spanish Fork, UT 84660-9227