The annual Run for Kids is a 5k/10k run walk or stroll benefiting the Boys & Girls Clubs of Utah County’s Triple Play Health and Fitness Program will be held April 9, 2011.
The running route begins at the historic Fort Utah Park located at 200 N Geneva Rd. in Provo. From the park the route meanders along the peaceful Provo River.
Registration begins at 7:00am with the race beginning at 8:30am. There will be a light breakfast available before and after the race at Fort Utah Park. After the race, carnival games will be available for kids and kids at heart.
All race participants will receive a stylish shirt and the chance to win some prizes!
Thank you for giving back to the youth in our community through your participation in this event.
Contact: Malinda Miller (801) 371-6242 ext. 130
The Holladay Arts Council is proud to present a four day showing of fine local art, including photography, paintings, drawings, pen and ink, sculpture, glass work, jewelry, pottery, needle crafts, wood work and more. On November 14 there will be an artist’s reception with live music from 3-6p.m.
- Art show eligibility- anyone living, working or going to school in the Holladay/Cottonwood/Midvale area
- Items requested-photography, paintings, drawings, pen and ink, needlecrafts, sculpture to include wood, clay, stone etc., glass work, jewelry, pottery/wood bowls etc and any other art form as long as it can be displayed on a table or hung on the wall, we reserve the right to refuse any art deemed inappropriate.
- Limit 4 items (it’s not necessary to be in the same category) some exceptions for sculpture, pottery etc
- $5 entry fee per item will be assessed, however if we should accept more than 4 items no additional charge will be assessed
- While it’s no accident this begins on Veterans day, it’s also not mandatory that your work depict something of a patriotic nature.
- “People’s Choice” awards will be given out
- This is also a fund raising event if you have an item you can have in a silent auction please help us at the Holladay Arts Council
Related Links & Information
Get out of the house and into life!
Total family fun, 8 bounce houses, rock wall, ropes course, face painting, huge paint-ball dome and gallery target shooting, laser tag arena, magic shows, live animal shows, and the Princess Festival with your favorite princesses!
$5 presale tickets at Utah Kids Club or $8 at the door.
The Wasatch Avian Education Society (W.A.E.S.) and Shahravar are pleased to announce Belly Dance for the Birds, a Middle Eastern dance showcase and fundraiser for avian education along the Wasatch Front on Saturday, April 30th from 7:00-10:00 p.m. at the UOU Post Theater.
Enjoy some of Utah’s top professional belly dancers including Shahravar and her students including Susan Kelly, president of W.A.E.S. along with shimmering veils, singing cymbals, sharp swords and a fantastic variety of inspiring performances.
There will also be a silent auction for an assortment of gift baskets, gift certificates, and artwork by local artists.
Wasatch Avian Education Society is a registered nonprofit organization in the State of Utah, located in the Salt Lake City area. 2011 marks the 17th year of service to the community and the exotic birds that are so much a part of our lives. They are dedicated to the study and keeping of birds, with an emphasis on having parrots as pets. They also offer rescue and adoption services.
Shahravar will be celebrating her 20th year in Belly Dance! She began studying and performing Middle-Eastern Dance styles in 1991. Her dance background includes Egyptian Cabaret, Turkish, American Tribal, Saudi Folk, Khallegy, Tunisian, and Lebanese Debke line dances. She began teaching in 1993. She’s a founding and current member of Habibi Habibi, a professional Middle Eastern style dance troupe. Shahravar also created the Shah Sitara Collaborative in 2005. In 2009, she was awarded “Best Fusion Belly Dance” by City Weekly. She now teaches a variety of classes throughout the Salt Lake Valley and opened her Urban Gawazii Belly Dance studio in 2009.
Tickets for the event are $10.00 and will be available at www.slcbellydance.com, www.wasatchavian.com/specialevent.html or at the door the night of the show. All proceeds go to Wasatch Avian Education Society..
Post Theater (University of Utah, 245 South Fort Douglas Boulevard, Bldg 636)