This ambitious exhibition of African art objects drawn from the UMFA’s permanent collection centers on themes of the spirit world and afterlife.
Africa: Arts of a Continent explores the spiritual and political power of Central African masks, the magic and mystery of ancestral African sculptures, and the enduring beauty of African objects used in everyday life. The installation debuts of one of the UMFA’s newest acquisitions: a late XXVIth Dynasty Egyptian sarcophagus.
Utah Museum of Fine Arts
Marcia & John Price Museum Building · University of Utah
410 Campus Center Drive Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0360 (801) 581-7332
Utah Art Museums & Galleries
Kimball Art Center
Salt Lake City Public Library
Springville Museum of Art
The Church History Museum
Park City Gallery Association
Great Salt Lake Woodcarvers
The Holladay Arts Council is proud to present a four day showing of fine local art, including photography, paintings, drawings, pen and ink, sculpture, glass work, jewelry, pottery, needle crafts, wood work and more. On November 14 there will be an artist’s reception with live music from 3-6p.m.
- Art show eligibility- anyone living, working or going to school in the Holladay/Cottonwood/Midvale area
- Items requested-photography, paintings, drawings, pen and ink, needlecrafts, sculpture to include wood, clay, stone etc., glass work, jewelry, pottery/wood bowls etc and any other art form as long as it can be displayed on a table or hung on the wall, we reserve the right to refuse any art deemed inappropriate.
- Limit 4 items (it’s not necessary to be in the same category) some exceptions for sculpture, pottery etc
- $5 entry fee per item will be assessed, however if we should accept more than 4 items no additional charge will be assessed
- While it’s no accident this begins on Veterans day, it’s also not mandatory that your work depict something of a patriotic nature.
- “People’s Choice” awards will be given out
- This is also a fund raising event if you have an item you can have in a silent auction please help us at the Holladay Arts Council
Related Links & Information